The following guidelines have been drawn up to help minimise the transmission of the virus during classes at Savvy Studios, with reference to the current Government guidelines. They will be in place for the foreseeable future and will be reviewed and updated as Government guidelines change.
If you or members of your household / class group show symptoms of COVID-19, or are in isolation due to being in contact with someone with the symptoms, you must let us know and your child must not attend any classes.
If one student in the class group gets Covid-19 the whole class group will need to isolate for 14 days.
All our students are registered, and we have up-to-date contact details for all our students if we need to contact parents for any reason.
- Savvy Studios has its own COVID-19 guidelines and Risk Assessment which we will adhere to and are available on request.
- Savvy Studios will be cleaned regularly.
- We will have a maximum number of students for each class, reflecting the 1 metre plus social distancing guidelines.
- There is only one entrance and exit for students on the premises and studio. There will be clear guidelines for students to arrive and leave their class.
- Students and parents should avoid gathering together near the entrance and exit of the premises and should maintain social distancing at all times.
- There are currently no waiting facilities for parents before or during classes on the premises. Parents are to wait outside the building.
- Before class, students will be advised by staff on where to wait prior to class.
- Barres and high frequency touch surfaces will be cleaned between each class.
- Where possible, doors and windows will be opened to maximise ventilation.
- Face coverings must be worn by all parents and students aged 11+ at all times in public areas unless exempt.
- Students will be able to remove face coverings once they enter the studio and the teacher advises them to do so.
Students – Please note that according to Government Guidelines: “all forms of face coverings may restrict breathing efficiency and should not be used during exercise except on specific advice from a physician”. Full guidance can be found on https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus anyone concerned about their health in relation to COVID-19 should follow https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england and contact NHS 111 https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19
- Students and parents bringing children to class are required to take a measure of responsibility for themselves and to others to help reduce the spread of infection.
- Students and parents should not arrive more than 5 minutes before the start of their class and need to leave within 5 minutes of their class finish time.
- Where possible, parents with young children can bring their child to the reception area. A face covering must be worn. A member of staff will look after students inside the premises. Parents with very young children attending classes are able to wait in the reception area wearing a face covering.
- Students will not be able to enter the studio until the previous class has finished.
- Students must arrive in dressed for class with minimal changing needed and with hair ready for dancing in the appropriate style. Ballet, Jazz and tap shoes must not be worn outside – outdoor shoes must be worn outside the studio and students will change into their dance shoes once in the studio. They should minimise personal belongings brought into the studio. Savvy Studios is not responsible for any losses incurred by students attending class.
- All dance wear must be washed regularly after class, ideally every week.
- Students should bring their own labelled and filled water container if required. Students will not be allowed to share water containers. There will be no access to water facilities.
- Savvy Studios has a hand sanitiser dispenser on the wall by the entrance. Please use before entering the studios.
- Teachers at Savvy Studios will adapt their teaching methods and practice to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Some syllabus dances will be adapted to remove any close physical contact between students, as advised by the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA).
- Sharing of props, mats and exercise bands will not be allowed. Students will need to bring their own floor mat, small ball, large ball and stretch band for every PBT class.
- Students should try to avoid using the toilet facilities unless necessary. If they do need to use the toilet, they should take special care to thoroughly wash their hands before returning to class.
- No food is allowed onsite.